Koch Agronomic Services, LLC manufactures and markets enhanced efficiency fertilizers for the world’s top agriculture producers, and turf and ornamental professionals. Koch Agronomic Services, LLC and its Koch Turf & Ornamental brand are committed to delivering exceptional value through a combination of innovative products and outstanding service.
At Koch Agronomic Services, we make things grow with enhanced efficiency fertilizers and high-efficiency plant nutrient technologies grounded in science. By examining and understanding the science that affects crops and turf, we create technologies that improve plant performance and reduce environmental impact.
Our global team of chemists and agronomists, working together with universities and government researchers, is committed to developing and delivering products our customers can trust: products backed by scientific data and validated by independent research.
As part of Koch Industries, Inc., a privately held company with some 100,000 employees operating in 60 countries across the globe, we have access to an incredible array of resources across a diverse set of industries.
Koch Agronomic Services, LLC and its Koch Turf & Ornamental brand support the 4R nutrient stewardship initiative, a science-based approach to best management practices. By applying the Right nutrient source at the Right rate at the Right time in the Right place, the agricultural and turf community works together to make sure fertilizers are used responsibly.
The 4R approach offers flexibility in achieving responsible nutrient management. However, wrong choices or changing conditions can create the potential for off-site nutrient movement including leaching, runoff, volatilization and denitrification. Some of these processes present potential risks to the environment.
All of the 4Rs work together, but selecting the right source goes a long way in mitigating risks. With so many fertilizers on the market, Koch Agronomic Services, LLC encourages its customers to take a serious look at enhanced efficiency fertilizers. These products are valuable tools to help optimize nutrient efficiency as part of a 4R approach.
- AGROTAIN® stabilizer is scientifically proven to reduce ammonia volatilization loss from urea. Urea fertilizers treated with AGROTAIN® fit into the 4R framework by allowing farmers to safely broadcast or shallow band urea without the need for deep mechanical incorporation (Right source and Right place). In addition, farmers can apply sidedress applications of urea or UAN treated with AGROTAIN® stabilizer which is more efficient than pre-plant deep incorporation (Right time).
- SUPERU® fertilizer is a finished urea fertilizer containing the same active ingredient as AGROTAIN® stabilizer plus a nitrification inhibitor to reduce leaching and denitrification loss. Like urea treated with AGROTAIN® stabilizer, SUPERU® fertilizer fits into the Right source, Right time and Right place, and allows farmers to use the fertilizer with a significant improvement in nitrogen use efficiency.
- AGROTAIN® Plus stabilizer is specifically designed for urea ammonium nitrate solutions and contains additives to reduce ammonia volatilization, leaching and denitrification. UAN treated with AGROTAIN® PLUS stabilizer can be confidently surface applied earlier in the spring (Right source, Right time and Right place).
- POLYON® controlled release fertilizer with its trademarked green color is backed by years of research. For decades, POLYON® has been the market leader in the turf and ornamental markets and has formulations for specialty ag as well. The key to its performance is the Reactive Layers Coating technology which meters out nutrients via diffusion, regulated by soil temperature and coating thickness.
- DURATION® controlled release fertilizer relies on a patented and durable polymer-coated technology to gradually and efficiently releases nutrients. The result is the precise metering of nutrition that lasts for weeks, even month, with fewer applications. This consistency helps to take the worry out of maintaining healthy turfgrass and plants for turfgrass managers, lawn and landscape professionals, and specialty ag growers.
- XCU® slow-release fertilizer provides gradual, steady nutritional uptake for up to 10 weeks of plant response. XCU® fertilizer has the highest nitrogen (N) content and lowest sulfur content of any polymer-coated sulfur-coated urea (PCSCU) on the market. The value is more area can be covered per application using less fertilizer, which is more efficient and economical. Also, with less N lock-off more of the applied N is taken up and utilized by turfgrass or plants in the expected time frame.
- NITROFORM® slow-release urea-formaldehyde (UF) fertilizer delivers a steady, balanced and dependable source of nitrogen (N) for up to 22 weeks or more. For more than 50 years, turf and ornamental professionals have relied on NITROFORM® fertilizer, due to its exclusive release properties that make it one of the safest and longest-lasting slow-release sources of N available.
- NUTRALENE® slow-release fertilizer is a methylene urea (MU) source with a guaranteed analysis of 40-0-0. The consistent, long-lasting release of nutrition for up to 16 weeks provides a cost-effective, low-maintenance solution to effectively increase root growth, which helps to improve turfgrass health.
- NITAMIN® targeted foliar nitrogen (N) is a patented, liquid nutrient source specifically designed for foliar applications in turfgrass, row crops, vegetables and fruits. University research shows the advantages its humectant properties provide for rapid and extended foliar absorption. The high N content—yet lower salt index than a straight urea solution—adds that critical margin of performance, efficiency and safety.
- UMAXX® and UFLEXX® stabilized nitrogen fertilizer provides protection against all three forms of nitrogen (N) loss—leaching, denitrification and volatilization. It is a urea-based product with a 46-0-0 analysis, containing both urease and nitrification inhibitors. A completely soluble granular, UMAXX® fertilizer is equally effective whether spread dry or dissolved in a spray mix.
- HYDREXX® professional nitrogen stabilizer is an innovative additive that gives turfgrass professionals complete control of their turfgrass programs. It allows for the stabilization of urea-based nitrogen sources and the management of rates to efficiently provide the needed plant response form a few weeks to months per application.