The Andersons, Inc.
This Partner can help with
The Andersons, Inc. (NASDAQ: ANDE) is a diversified company with interests in the grain, ethanol and plant nutrient sectors of U.S. agriculture, as well as in railcar leasing and repair, industrial products formulation, turf products production, and general merchandise retailing. Founded in Maumee, Ohio, in 1947, the company now has operations across the U.S. and Puerto Rico plus rail equipment leasing interests in Canada and Mexico.
As a manufacturer and blender of nutrients used in agriculture and professional turf applications, we recognize products containing phosphorous can and have reached large bodies of water. Since there is currently no single proven remedy, we have a responsibility to engage in opportunities to learn more about the issue and seek solutions. We pursue educational opportunities - both through financial support as well as participation – in an effort to obtain solid science around the effects of phosphorous, the origins of the phosphorus in the water and reasonable and sustainable solutions that address the issue. The Andersons supports voluntary adjustments in farming practices rather than governmental regulation to help address this important issue.
The Andersons provide the following 4R consistent products and services:
- Delivery of high quality crop nutrients as well as providing a high degree of technical expertise to farmers based in sound soil science and crop production management through Farm Centers.
- Investment in continuing education and advanced training for our dedicated Ag Advisors who provide the latest agronomic and crop production technical expertise to our growers.
- Assist customers in managing crop nutrients by using a multi-layered approach including the latest in soil science, tested and proven methods and products, and nutrient applications.
- Assist customers through its highly-knowledgeable staff to grow each crop efficiently, profitably and with environmental stewardship.
- Provide customers (currently 89 percent) with soil tests to facilitate proper nutrient applications based on accepted standards by our trained Ag Advisors.
- Utilize variable rate application technology for crop nutrient and agricultural lime applications (currently at about 50 percent).
- Recommend nutrient applications based on field level management zones (currently at more than 67 percent of customers).